Old Hospital on College Hill

Named after Wallace J. Williamson, the son of Benjamin Williamson who once owned all the land that is now known as the City of Williamson, the Old Hospital on College Hill opened March 3rd 1928 after a fire destroyed the original structure downtown in the winter of 1926. 

This 50-Bed state of the art facility served as a hospital for 60 Years. The hospital was built with funds from selling bonds to the business owners of Williamson, which were all paid off by 1939. 

Most locals can recall taking the long winding walk around the side of the building to the basement area where the emergency room, radiology department, cafeteria and lab were located. The ICU was located on the 1st floor, obstetrics on the 2nd floor, medical & surgical rooms on the 3rd floor and a pharmacy was located on the 4th floor. Changes took place though and the emergency room was later moved to the 1st floor (street level).  


In 1979, the facility was sold to Hospital Managements Association, Inc. where the hospital remained in use until 1988. Then, a new, more modern facility was constructed just up the street. 

The old hospital was renovated and utilized as physicians’ offices over the next 26 years and since 2014 the building had been used for storage. 

Events at Old Hospital

September 9 & 10, 2022

Blog at WordPress.com.